Saturday 20 February 2010

1961 - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (The Shirelles)

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow

"Will You Love Me Tomorrow" is the title of a song written by Gerry Goffin and Carole King. It has been recorded by many different artistes and The Shirelles' version was the first to top the US Billboard Hot 100 for 2 weeks in February 1961.

Among the artistes who have recorded this song are: Ben E. King, Dusty Springfield, Cher, The Four Seasons, Linda Ronstadt, Carole King (in her Tapesty album", Roberta Flack, Bryan Ferry, The Bee Gees, Lobo and Amy Winehouse.

Lyrics:

Tonight you're mine completely,
You give your love so sweetly,
Tonight the light of love is in your eyes,
But will you love me tomorrow?

Is this a lasting treasure,
Or just a moment's pleasure,
Can I believe the magic of your sighs,
Will you still love me tomorrow?

Tonight with words unspoken,
You said that I'm the only one,
But will my heart be broken,
When the night (When the night)
Meets the morning sun.

I'd like to know that your love,
Is love I can be sure of,
So tell me now and I won't ask again,
Will you still love me tomorrow?
Will you still love me tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment