Thursday 11 February 2010

60s - Everybody's Somebody's Fool (Connien Francis)

Everybodys Somebody's Fool

"Everybody's Somebody's Fool" is a song written by Jack Keller and Howard Greenfield which was a #1 hit for Connie Francis for two weeks in July of 1960.

The first of Francis' three US #1's, "Everybody's Somebody's Fool" was also ranked on the R&B chart at #2 and was the only one of Francis' major hits to cross over to the C&W charts where it peaked at #24.

A #5 hit in the UK, the song was also #1 in Australia for three weeks in July 1960.

Among the artistes who have recorded this song are Debby Boone, Lynn Anderson, Pat Boone, Marie Osmond & Bobby Vee.

Lyrics:

The tears I've cried for you could fill an ocean
But you don't know how many tears I cry
And though you only leave me on and hurt me
I just couldn't bring myself to say goodbye

(chorus)
Cause everybody's somebody's fool,
Yes everybody's somebody's plaything
And there are all exceptions to the rule,
Yes everybody's somebody's fool

Someday you'll find someone you really care for
And if her love should prove to be untrue
You'll know how much this heart of mine is breaking
You'll cry for her the way I cried for you

No comments:

Post a Comment