Monday 15 February 2010

60s - Only The Lonely (Roy Orbison)

Only The Lonely

"Only the Lonely" is a 1960 song written by Roy Orbison and Joe Melson. Recorded by Orbison, it became his first major hit. "Only The Lonely" went to #2 on the US Billboard pop music charts and to #14, and #1 in the UK for 3 weeks in October 1960. It stayed in the UK charts for over 6 months.

Among the artistes who did cover versions of the song are Chris Issak and Sonny James who took it to #1 in the Billboard Country Chart in 1969.

Lyrics:

Only the lonely, know the way I feel tonight.
Only the lonely, know this feeling ain't right.

There goes my baby, there goes my heart,
They're gone forever, they're so far apart.
But only the lonely, know why.. I cry.
Only the lonely.

Only the lonely, know the heartaches I've been through.
Only the lonely, know I've cried and cried for you.

Maybe tomorrow, a new romance,
no more sorrow, but that's the chance.
You got to take, if you lonely heart breaks.
Only the lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment