Friday 11 December 2009

50s - Teddy Bear/Loving You (Elvis)

Teddy Bear / Loving You

After a short-break (of 5 weeks by Pat Boone's Love Letter In The Sand) at the top of the US charts, King Elvis returned to the throne with a double-A side single, "Teddy Bear" and "Loving You" and stayed there for 7 weeks (late June to mid-August, 1957).

"Teddy Bear" was written by Kal Mann and Bernie Lowe while "Loving you" was written by prolific songwriting team of Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller.

The soundtrack from Elvis Presley's new (second)movie, Loving You, had also become a top selling album for 11 weeks (July - September 1957).

Lyrics:

Baby let me be,
Your lovin teddy bear
Put a chain around my neck,
And lead me anywhere
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear.

I don't wanna be a tiger
Cause tigers play too rough
I don't wanna be a lion
Cause lions aint the kind
You love enough.

Just wanna be, your teddy bear
Put a chain around my neck
And lead me anywhere
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear.

Baby let me be, around you every night
Run your fingers through my hair,
And cuddle me real tight
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear



Lyrics:

I will spend my whole life through
Loving you, just loving you
Winter, summer, springtime too
Loving you, loving you

Makes no difference where I go or what I may do
You know that I'll always be loving you, just you

And if I'm seen with someone new
Don't be blue, don't you be blue
I'll be faithful, I'll be true
Always true, true to you

There is only one for me and you know who
You know that I'll always be loving you

No comments:

Post a Comment